Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 2 of 24 Days of Christmas

Hello Everyone, 

It's day 2 of my 24 Days of Christmas. Now I know this isn't Christmas, but my dad's birthday is this month so here is my project for you today. It's an XL Hershey's candy bar wrapper! 




For my project I used: 
Georgia-Pacific white card stock (Walmart)
Echo Park 6 x 6 Paper pad This & That
My Creative Time Stamps and Dies:
Vintage Label Stamps
Vintage Sentiments
Vintage Stitched Label Dies


Okay, here is one of my cookie recipes:

Caramel Apple Cookies

1 cup salted butter ( 2 sticks), softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2-2/3 cups flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 small apple, peeled, cored, and chopped 3/4 cup
1 cup vanilla caramels
3 Tbsp whipping cream

Preheat oven to 350 degree. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Stir in apple.

In a medium bowl stir together the flour, crumbs, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture and beat until combined. Stir in apple.

Shape dough into 1-1/4 inch balls. Arrange balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 2 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove and cool on wire racks.

For caramel drizzle, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine the caramels and the cream. Cook on 100% power for 30 to 60 seconds or until nearly melted, stirring once. Remove and stir until smooth. Drizzle lightly over cookies.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog.

Happy Crafting and Baking Everyone!
Kat



1 comment: